Role-Play and Battle Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Play and Battle Network is a semi-casual role playing environment.

3 posters

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Post by Rinna Lin Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 am

Funny enough, with Melody refocused onto the monster she didn't even hear something coming from the ceiling and was more focused on staring at the glowing red. "Ready, Rinna...?"

Rinna however was much more aware of the Navi's surroundings, as her eyes widen up abit. "Hey...what...?" She would go. "RINNA!" Melody would shout at her though, as she is shaken back up. "R-Right! Let's do it!" As timing perfect as they could, Rinna slides the AreaSteal card, and luckily their gamble works. THough Melody asumed it won't work, she can feel the card accessing and goes to teleport herself to the top of the monsters head and swing her sword down between it's eyes, if possible.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra

Post by Greenknight1294 Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:54 am

As the creature was just smashing its fists into the floor, Melody successfully teleported on top of its head and smashed down her sword deep in its skull, which interrupted the monster with a splatter of lava flowing around the ground suddenly as he began flailing seemingly in pain. The creature's head seemed cracked and overflowing with magma now, but for the most part intact on the rest of its frame, quickly swatting the female navi away again, turning around to notice the other two who had just arrived while holding its head, letting out another deafening roar. The public only seemed to go wild with it, yelling along "Kill them!"

It seemed as if the popularity that greeted the two new navis wasn't exactly welcoming as they noticed the creature, standing about 20 times taller than them with magma pouring from its body amidst the rocks that formed its figure.

Chapter I - A Test of Will - Rinna, Scott, Levra - Page 2 EwKqCFr

Valhallen kept staring at it in disbelief, commenting after Fircian joined, "I'm starting to think we should have chosen the 1 star corridor." Scott was pretty much dumbfounded himself, staring through the pet screen.
    Airra
    Airra

Post by Airra Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Levra stared at the giant golem creature on her screen, dumbfounded by the apparent scale of it. "Our Navies are supposed to fight that?"

"I, too, think we should have taken that path," Fircian replied to Valhallen's remark, stepping in the opposite direction from the giant rock monser. With a moment of hesitation, Fircian addressed Levra through the PET speaker, "We need a strategy."

"I- err- hold on!" Levra stuttered as she glanced over towards seemingly equally shocked Scott, and then she looked towards the terminal to see if there was any change in objective.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 pm

"Nailed you...! Woah!" Though she was able to successfully land her attack thanks to the AreaSteal, Melody undigitlizes her sword and jumps back down. She was out of that card now though, so no more tricky with that. She would jump behind the golem, with her back towards it before turning around and looking up at it. "That at least did some damage!"

"Mhmm! Melody, we'll have to use our speed to make it fall again!" Rinna said, nodding her head while holding her fist in the air.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 am

Melody's strategy was swift yet effective, harmlessly avoiding the massive rock hands aiming at her after using that attack. She could easily take some distance away and find herself near the other two navi's now there watching the commotion.

Although the attack had been a success, the golem seemed hardly impaired by the hole in its head, which poured a stream of lava down, as if trying to seal off a wound. It stared at all 3 navis in slight confusion, but it seemed too stupid to hesitate about that either way, as it raised its arms and started charging another ranged attack when they were trying to get some distance away from it.

Meanwhile their objective was the same, but Levra would easily notice an EXIT sign behind the coliseum's metal bars, presumably a door that opens once the fight has had a victor, following Melody's earlier logic.

---

On the other hand, Scott recomposed himself shortly after realizing the thread it was to their navies and the mission, and leaned into the desk with a plain game face, "We'll need to change our strategy." he adds while pressing the speaker button, just so Fircian would also hear it, "If possible, I'll have Val create a diversion so you and that other navi can open fire on it or restrain it."

"Isn't that the girl from the other day?" Val muttered back to Fircian, turning around in confusion, just now noticing he had taking a step or two behind him. "Nevermind that, then. Just separate and I'll try to have him aim this way." He adds again at a higher volume, standing in the way, looking rather careless, although ready to start running at whatever the bestial virus was doing.

Last edited by Greenknight1294 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Airra
    Airra

Post by Airra Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:33 am

The creature in front of them was quite fierce in appearance, but the clock was still ticking. Seeing the exit sign on the screen filled Levra with optimism as she turned her attention to Scott's coming plan.

Meanwhile, Fircian's view was fixated on the molten titan ahead of them, spawning a javelin in hand. He took the next moment to make a proper response to Val's question, "It does appear to be her."

"Okay, I'll have Firci run around it," Levra acknowledged Scott's plan as she turned her attention to her PET's display. Her attention became drawn to the pink blob in proximity to the walking mountain. It looked familiar. "Talk about crazy odds..." She muttered in a low tone as she realized she saw that Navi just the night before.

She lifted up the PET to speak directly into it, keeping her two battle chips on hand to decide which would best be used, "Okay, Firci. Flank right!" Her Navi stopped hesitating and separated from Scott's, running counterclockwise around to the side of the enemy ahead.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 am

"Alright, just run towards it once again. If it's going to be wide, let's Dark Souls it!" Rinna said, moving her fist now forward as if to motion Melody to dash inwards. Melody nods in response, as the two still haven't noticed the Navi hat were behind her, focused on taking this thing down.

With that, Melody would dash forward, not too fast as she placed her hand on her right hand to gather the energy needed to recover her sword. But doing two actions at once slows both paces up. At least the monster itself is slow...
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:49 am

The classroom seemed to be ignoring Rinna's cheering for some reason, but for the most part her plan seemed a bit reckless, as the creature aimed directly towards her with the massive, ground shaking bang it hit the floor with, creating another pillar of towering magma that quickly rushed to her position, giving her barely any room to avoid it after drawing out the sword, for which the creature seemed to be preparing for in the distance. Valhallen on the other hand, was in a much better position as Melody ended up taking its attention herself.

At least the plan had partially been a success, having the creature completely avoiding Fircian's quick dash through the earthquake inducing smash, which gave him plenty of space for a surprise attack, making it harder for Melody not to notice him running behind the creature.

---

Valhallen, on the other hand, decided to do a slight change of plans and move clockwise in the opposite direction to Fircian after the tower of magma missed him by far. While running he shouted towards the pink navi, "Hey, be careful, don't just run into his attacks!"
    Airra
    Airra

Post by Airra Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 am

Fircian's javelins were primarily a projectile tool, but their range would surely not have been able to reach as high as its face. Confident that her Navi had completely cleared from the enemy's line of sight, she spoke into the device to supply a target, "Okay , Firci, take out its knee!"

With that instruction, the Energy Cannon battle chip was booted in, materializing a cannon around the Navi's arm. If you're going to fight a giant, you may as well cripple it so it definitely can't keep up.

Without missing a beat, Fircian launched an energy projectile towards the oversized target's knee joint.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:15 am

Melody dodges to the right, using the ground that is splitting apart by the lava as a boost pad for her to dodge the piller and slash at the monster's feet. Rinna continues to cheer Melody on as she would notice there are other Navis around, more so thanks to the explosion on it's knee making her notice. "Oh! I guess more made it here than I thought! ...wait, they look familiar..."
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:24 am

Levra had a brilliantly executed idea. The creature seemed to crouch for a moment, as if prepared to do something right when that beam of concentrated energy exploded on its knee, leaving a cloud of mist from what seemed like condensation as lava exploded gruesomely in a worse fashion than blood from the monster, which fell down on its side clumsily, held over the floor by one of its hands. It let out a roar, but it seemed crippled for at least a fair amount of time in this position.

By the time it fell Melody was still too far to launch her attack, however she was close enough to run towards it to try. By now the wound on its forehead seemed almost completely healed up, leaving a carcass of cooling magma.

Valhallen took advantage of that attack to run towards the creature with no hesitation. "Nice plan! If we can keep him that way it's gonna be easier to take him down." Scott exclaimed, prepared to slot in one of the two chips of his own as he noticed Val running in, both acting as independentas usual.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Try she will, Melody sees the possible opening left for her, this time making sure she is close enough to actually slash at the creature's side. That seems to be the best choice to add in some hits to the giant, as Rinna Lin commands Melody to dash towards it. Melody would keep her sword towards her right now, until she can actually make it to it before she goes for the attack.
    Airra
    Airra

Post by Airra Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Levra clenched her free hand into a fist out of celebratory instinct before removing the Energy Cannon battle chip. "Nice shot, Firci! Start chipping away some more!"

On command, Fircian ran up into proper attack range with a javelin in hand, ready to let loose a hail of spears onto the fallen titan.

As she looked at the image on the screens, Levra noticed something odd about the foe. She tilted her head over towards Scott, still watching the screen and observing. "Hey," she began speaking, "do you think it's strange that this virus isn't showing the usual damage glitching?"
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:28 pm

The creature seemed pretty annoyed at the sudden attack, but still had most of its attention with Melody standing in front of it, although it quickly changed once the barrage of projectiles came flying from Fircian, forcing the creature to start waving its arm on its back desperately as if to try and swat them away as it could, each leaving a small hole on the massive, rocky body that poured more magma, slowly fading away into data the more holes he had. It seemed like the perfect chance to start attacking as the creature lied there helplessly struggling to keep those lances from reach.

"Yeah, you're right. It looks as if he's not losing data at all with our attacks. He could be regenerating some of the damage faster than we can deal it to him. But if that's the case..." Scott replied to Levra's comment, finally deciding on which of the chips to slot into his pet as Valhallen rushed with with his arm up and ready to attack. He had slotted in the hammer chip, and almost at the same time his navi was ready to jump in the air to attack from one of the creature's blind spots.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:49 pm

As the creature was focused on trying to shoo away Fircian, Melody decided the best course of action was to stay the course. And by that... "Melody, get up to it and do it like that movie we saw last night!" Rinna points at it's arm as Melody nods in response. "Got it, one B. Killer coming up!"

Melody turns towards the arm and jumps down at it, to stab it with it's sword at it's wrist, as she tries to keep the sword at it's arm, not so much deep in or else she wouldn't be able to move, but enough to make sparks as she runs up the arm, to it's neck, and jump up from it's shoulder as she moves to go deeper in when she reaches the head, as if it was an uppercut against the side of it's head to where it's ear would be, to be in the air above by the end of it.
    Airra
    Airra

Post by Airra Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:33 pm

"Maybe it's like some kind of core?" Levra continued off the earlier train of thought, "Like, the rocks around it are protecting it or something."

Meanwhile, Fircian did not relent in throwing spears into the colossus. If what Levra was saying is accurate, they will probably be cutting it really close on the timer while trying to knock the virus's rocky body to bits to destroy it properly.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:46 pm

The creature's head was pushed away with the sword leaving an open line of flowing magma gushing from its wrist to its neck, Melody's sword having a really painful effect on the massive monster, making the wounds on its back pool up as Fircian kept throwing his spears. By the time she was jumping off its body, Valhallen was falling down on its head, as if trying to deliver a final blow to a fallen enemy, smashing down the hammer he had spawned on his hands.

The subsequent explosion from the hammer released a cloud of gorish magma that suddenly evaporated into code, as if now they were starting to hurt him faster, and now the creature was missing half its head, falling over its chest, struggling with Fircian's repetitive attacks.

"I don't know, but this seems to be working." Scott replied confidently, inserting the other chip he had on hand as Valhallen jumped off, having his aim at the rest of its head.
    Rinna Lin
    Rinna Lin

Post by Rinna Lin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 pm

"Now, let's finish it off! Melody, Battle chip ready!" Rinna Lin holds up her Energy Cannon battle ship and slides it down, as Melody points her sword forward towards the monster, almost like she was aiming her sword, but it was mostly so that as the sword changes to the Energy Cannon she can have perfect aim at it.

"And now, the test is finished!" Melody shouts, to rain down the shots needed to finish it off.
    Greenknight1294
    Greenknight1294
    Admin

Post by Greenknight1294 Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 am

Only one shot came from the cannon that sent Melody booming backwards in the air, and it was quite powerful as evidenced by the earlier attack Fircian gave the giant and the current recoil. The fast shot rapidly whistled through the air and hit the virus' back, blasting a massive hole that almost went all the way to the floor, quickly pouring magma over the wound, gravity allowing it to pool over and hide the hole soon enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:25 pm